Saturday, November 6, 2010

Single Blue


In this painting, I used a variation of a technique learned at Stanley Bielen's workshop. I toned the panel with dark green acrylic -- because it dries within minutes there was no waiting to start painting. The challenge was to get the illusion of petals without painting each one individually.
As always, these dark paintings are more difficult to photograph accurately, the background is not quite as dark as it appears and excuse the glare on the upper right.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I enlarged it to get a better look. Fantastic suggestion of the petals, great values in the flowers. I need a lesson on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog. Beautiful work. I added your site to my blog roll.

    I was unfamiliar with Stanley Bielen's art so I looked him up on the internet. His work is just gorgeous. Now I have found two inspiring artists!

    ReplyDelete